By now, you've probably heard about The Sims. It all started with a little idea of controlling the lives of autonomous characters called "sims," and it took off in a big way to become a best-selling game series on multiple platforms--and on the PC, the series became infamous for its many expansion packs. The Sims 2 Seasons is the latest one, and unlike the last few expansions, this one doesn't add a zillion ambitious new features that make the game more complicated. Instead, it adds seasonal weather, crop farming, and some new group activities that can actually make the challenging gameplay of Sims 2 a more relaxed pastime. For players looking for a slower-paced experience that doesn't require you to keep track of the ins and outs of an in-game business--or constantly watch a hyperactive pet--this is a good thing.
* 1300 MHz processor
* 256 MB RAM (512 MB RAM is recommended for Windows Vista or if you are running with a few expansion packs installed)
* Windows(R) Vista, Windows XP, Windows ME, Windows 98 or Windows 2000 Operating System.
* 8x or faster CD/DVD drive
* At least 1.5 GB of additional hard drive space (5.0 GB total is required if installing both The Sims 2 and The Sims 2 Seasons Expansion Pack at the same time.)
* A T&L-capable video card with at least 32 MB of video RAM.